Monday, January 3, 2011

13 Hours (2010)




Ever since I was a little kid, I <3 horror movies.... Only god knows how many times I went to the rent store, took some bloody flicks with me and convinced the guy it was for my mom (which wasn't completely a lie by the way...  just sayin').



I have to admit that lately I've kinda became a pussy in that regard. I cannot watch movies like Saw and Hostel anymore. I liked Saw 1 and 2 a lot, and Hostel 2 wasn't too bad either, but the other ones are just... waaaaaaaaaay too bloody, and I just don't see the point anymore in watching movies like that.

Anywayz...

I watched 13 Hours a few days ago, and although it gave a bit of a cheap impression at the beginning and people kinda did the most retarded things, I have to say... I still kinda enjoyed it :). Since it has the same producer as Dog Soldiers, I kinda remembered I still have to watch that one as well! I hear so much good stuff about that one....

Storyline: Sarah Tyler returns to her troubled family home in the isolated countryside, for a much put-off visit. As a storm rages outside, Sarah, her family and friends shore up for the night, cut off from the outside world. But something comes out of the driving rain and darkness. Something that holds a dark secret so devastating that, in one night, it could wipe out the entire family.

My opinion: to put it shortly => quite some people die, acting was doable, not too bloody, monster-mutant tearing people apart, ending wasn't too bad imo and effects weren't really awesome but good enough...