Friday, December 10, 2010

Skyline (2010)



Directors: Colin Strause, Greg Strause
Writers: Joshua Cordes, Liam O'Donnell
Storyline: Strange lights descend on the city of Los Angeles, drawing people outside like moths to a flame where an extraterrestrial force threatens to swallow the entire human population off the face of the Earth.

My opinion:

When I watched the trailer I thought "OMG, finally another good sci-fi movie!". You have to admit. The concept is scary and interesting. I really don't know what I would do in a situation like that! It is such a hopeless situation....First you have the lights coming out of the sky, then you see huge spaceships appear out of nowhere, then you have the aliens who check for any survivors and some huge ones to make sure you cannot escape them, and if you were still to survive all that, there are still the... euhm... HUUUUUUUUUGE SPACESHIPS WHICH SUCK YOU IN... yeah... pretty hopeless, right?!

What I thought about the movie itself?
Well, the acting wasn't really great imo, but I did like the realistic vibe of the movie. I cannot say I really cared for the characters, but it is not the type of movie you watch because you hope they will make it. To be honest. I couldn't wait to see them die lolz! I did like the action scenes a lot though! They made the movie watchable.

What can I say about the ending, without spoiling anything...
I still don't know whether I liked it or hated it. It was a bit of a bizar ending imo. I did read there might come a sequel. Don't know if I am going to watch that one though. This one was watchable, but nothing special imo so...