Friday, December 17, 2010

1337 Burgers


 
As promised...

For a long time now I was wondering if it would be possible to make lentil burgers in a fast AND healthy way, and last week Vanessa decided to try and make some and... they looked so nommy I decided to try and make some myself!

I like to eat healthy and tasty food, but it shouldn't take too long to prepare it imo. So these burgers were perrrfect! :)




Click HERE to go to her recipe. Although hers looked AWESOME I did still tweak the recipe a bit, because my poker troll likes his lentils spicy.

What you’ll need: (makes around 6 patties)
2 pieces of garlic
1 small onion
1 cup of cooked lentils
2 eggs
1 teaspoon coriander (or any other herb you like for seasoning, parsley for example)
4 tablespoons flour
salt and pepper to taste

So this is what I changed:
I used a lot of curry powder and only one egg. The thing is, when I added one egg it started to become a lot more greasy so I had to add more flower as well, and I decided to not add another egg because it was already pretty hard to get a nice form out of it.

Next time I might even try it without eggs, because the texture felt really good before I started to add the egg....

I'll keep you up to date, whether that worked better or not! In the meanwhile I hope you will enjoy these 1337 burgers!

Special tnx to Vanessa for posting the recipe!!<3

You can always find a lot more recipes at her food blog: http://www.food.vanevalentine.com/
My favorite atm is the banana bread! It is easy to make and soooooooooooooo omnomnom!!! :)

Have fun and enjoy your OMNOMNOMIES!!! :)